A.P. English

I created this blog for my A.P. English class.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Fahrenheit 451, Part One

I am loving Fahrenheit 451 so far. This has been my favorite book we've read in class. The book is interesting and unlike any other book I've read. I pray that Americans will never turn into people like the self-centered, one-dimenisional people described in by Bradbury in Fahrenheit 451, and that future does not look like his idea of the future. The name Bradbury gave Montag's wife, Mildred is perfect for her awful personality. I was sad when Clarisse died, but her death shows the greatly decreased value of life humans in Bradbury's futuristic dystopian society have. Her death was also so unexpected.  As is expected, Montag is my favorite character, and his bravery is incredible, even though he still has doubts. The idea of burning books is so strange and unusual. I really want to see him make it to the end of the book. Though Professor Faber is a wimp, I still like him, and his decision to defy the government with Montag. I honestly can't wait to finish the book to see what happens in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment