A.P. English

I created this blog for my A.P. English class.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Life of Pi, Part Three

The Life of Pi becomes more and more intense as I continue reading it. At this point, Pi is in the life boat learning to survive. His initiative is quite impressive. If I were in his place I would have probably already gone insane and found the nearest volleyball to name Wilson. I think a volleyball would make a better companion than a starving tiger named Richard Parker. I guess the marking of the territory was necessary, but it wasn't pleasant to read about. This book really lays out the seriousness of being stranded at sea with a raging tiger. Pi really is quite the survivor. The "prusten" sound Richard Parker makes is neat because it makes me wonder if they'll ended being friends. In only a week Pi accomplished a lot on his lifeboat with the raft and the stills and the fish. I can't believe how long Pi spent on that boat. 227 days is a loong time with only a tiger as company. Seeing how Pi progessively becomes more able to survive on his own is interesting. He is constantly learning and trying to improve the way he lives on the boat and raft. Pi trying to eat tiger feces is not okay....NOT okay. I like that he keeps spirituality involved as he struggles to survive on his lifeboat. i'm really enjoying this, but I just can't find time to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment