A.P. English

I created this blog for my A.P. English class.

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Life of Pi Part 2

The second section of the Life of Pi begins with the a completre change in Pi's life- the Patel family moves to Canada. On the way to Canada, "the ship sinks." Martel's use of short chapters to go back in time and fast forward to the future keep the story enteraining and the reader on her feet. The book's plot progressively becomes more interesting as Pi becomes trapped in a life boat with only a zebra, a huge Bengal tiger named Richard Parker, and a hyena for company. The story becomes disgusting as Martel describes the events of the first few days' in the boat and the hyena's savagery. Had I been in Pi's situation, I would not have acted rationally. I would have thrown that mean hyena overboard. The death of the hyena couldn't have come soon enough! hyenas are terrible. so I was happy to see him fall to Richard Parker. Pi uses wit to separate himself from Richard Parker and potentially save his life. The story only gets more interesting as I contine reading. I can't wait to see what Martel writes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment